We are not-for-profit voluntary community group primarily based in the Glenties, Ardara and Portnoo (GAP) areas of South West, Donegal.
Our mission is to research, develop, protect and promote the built heritage of GAP and the surrounding areas by enhancing the understanding of areas of geological, geographical, historical, archaeological, and heritage importance, including areas of wildlife and natural biodiversity for everyone.
What we do
Our projects are far-reaching and though the local community is our primary focus, the impact of our projects benefit regional & national rural & urban communities, other heritage groups, schools, artists, scientific & historical organisations, universities & educational institutions, youth groups, tourist and the diaspora.
- Chairperson: Paula Harvey
- Secretary: Lauren McHugh
- Treasurer: Pauric Newland
- Project Manager: Natalie Lough
- Bernie English
- Conor White
- Advisor: Alison Goligher
- Members of Heritage Linkage Group of Donegal County Council’s Public Participation Network
- North Coast Armada Trails Partnership
- Associate members of Donegal Tourism
- PEACE IV Cross Border Heritage Programme
- Donegal South Forum Group
- Oral History Network of Ireland